Senior Adult Travel
If you are 50 years and up, there is room for you on our trips (and please bring a friend).
Come join the Cypress UMC Senior Adult Travel group as we venture out on monthly day trips in the Houston area (within a 200 mile radius) and one long trip a year (and maybe more if we get real adventurous). The day trips take advantage of free transportation furnished by Precinct 3 (thanks Steve Radack) which really helps to keep the cost down. So keep on the look out here or in various Church publications to what is coming and get your name on the list early as the bus fills up quickly.
A care-giver must accompany you if you have a health issue.
Payment for all trips is due at time of sign up.
If you need additional information call Joe and Joynell Jones at 281.304.0782 or email@example.com
UPCOMING DAY TRIPS
Tuesday, May 16, Hemi Hideout
Come roll back in time, Hemi Hideout is filled with 24 of the most desirable Mopars on earth, icons from an era of Rock ‘n Roll. Over 600 vintage porcelain and neon signs, all from days gone by, that date back as far as the early 1900's. Also, featured in the venue are many various pieces of memorabilia, cars, antique tractors, and motorcycles, all restored to their original factory glory. After the tour, join us for lunch at The Café at Brookwood. If you have never been to the Brookwood Community, you are in for a treat. Through the Grace of God, The Brookwood Community provides an educational environment that creates meaningful jobs, builds a sense of belonging, and provides meaning and purpose for adults with disabilities. They also have a greet shop and greenhouse where they sell products made by the citizens and many other items. We will have some time after lunch to shop. The price for the trip is $33 per person which includes your lunch. The bus will leave Cypress UMC back parking lot t 8:45 AM.
Friday, Jun 23, Skeeters Baseball Game
Let's go out to the ball game. We will head to Constellation Field in Sugarland to see the Skeeters play the Long Island Ducks. We will leave from the Cypress UMC front parking lot at 5:15 PM. The game starts at 7:05 PM so you will have time to get a hot dog or snack before the game and take a walk around the stadium to check it out. After this Friday night game, they have a fireworks show which we will stay for. The cost is $13 per person. Invite friends or relative to join us. They must be 50 plus to ride the county bus, or they can meet us there. If you are driving yourself, be aware the stadium is charging $5 to park. If you are driving, please let Joynell Jones know. All tickets need to be purchased by June 12.
UPCOMING LONG TRIPS:
April 29 - May 6, 2017, The Ark Encounter
Let's go visit the Ark in Williamstown, Kentucky and see how Noah and his family survived the great flood. Constructed with the aid of Amish carpenters, it is built to the approximate measurements of Noah's Ark, which makes it one and a half footballs fields in length and taller than a four-story building. It is the world's largest timber-frame structure. As you travel the ark's three levels along ramps, you will see stacks of cages filled with animals, explore the story of the ark and see Noah's family's living quarters. There is also a two-level restaurant on the grounds where we will have lunch. And if you want more adventure, next to the Ark is a small zoo with exotic animals.
Other stops include The Upper Room Ministries in Nashville, TN, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory in Louisville, KY, Corvette Factory & Museum in Bowling Green, KY, the Booth Western Art Museum in Cartersville, GA, and more.
We will leave from CUMC at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 29 and return on Saturday, May 6. The cost of this trip is $860.00 with double occupancy. I will only take one bus with 50 people. There is optional insurance for the trip at $52.00 per person. I will need a $100.00 deposit to reserve a seat on the bus. The insurance needs to be paid at the time of the deposit. This can all be paid in one check made to CUMC Senior Adult Travel.
November 6-11, 2017 - Branson
Is this the trip you have been waiting for? Yes, we are going to Branson for the Christmas shows. We will be seeing The Oak Ridge Boys, Texas Tenors, Shoji, Miracle of Christmas at the Sight & Sound Theater, and more. The price is $720 per person with double occupancy. The first 50 people that pay a deposit of $100 per person will have a reserved spot for the trip. Checks are to be made out to CUMC Senior Adult Travel.
January 26 - February 3, 2018, Hawaii Cruise
Come join us on a 9-day adventure to one of the most beautiful areas in the world. We will begin our time with a one-night stay in a Waikiki beach hotel. After checking into our hotel, we will head out for a traditional luau dinner and island experience at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Saturday morning, we are off to a tour of Pearl Harbor including the USS Arizona Memorial. Then on to board the Norwegian Pride of America to start our 7-night cruise. We will visit five ports with an extra night in Kahului and Nawiliwili.
Our Island Specialist, Donna Boyer, will be at CUMC on Thursday, March 2 at 1:00 PM in room M110 to tell us all about the cruise and answer any questions. All are welcome to join us.
We are taking reservations now and they must be made by April 5, 2017 to get our special pricing. Pricing for Oceanview rooms start at $2,600 per person and Balcony rooms start at $3,100 per person double occupancy. A $250 deposit, due 7 days from your reservation confirmation, will be required to hold your spot. The final payment will be due by October 15, 2017. Airfare, trip protection, and cruise excursions are not included in this price.
Other extras included: baggage service, transportaiton to/from CUMC and IAH, and transprotation to/from Honolulu airport and tours.
Donna is working on the final details for optional airfare, trip protection, and additonal cruise excursions.
For more details, contact Donna Boyer at 713.239.4650 or Donna.Boyer@CruisePlanners.com
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2017
- April 7, Schulenberg Painted Churches
- March 10, Minute Maid Park
- February 12 - Alley Theater, Dry Powder
- January 26 - Anita Renfroe, Flat Out Funny Tour
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2016
- December 3 - Houston Tidelanders
- November 4 - International Quilt Festival
- October 18 - Small Churches Tour by Larry of Precinct 3
- September 23 - October 3 - Niagara Falls and Toronto
- September 9 - Messina Hof
- August 6 - Liberty Opry
- July 29 - The Byran Museum
- June 10 - Sea Center Texas
- May 6 -- Skeeters Baseball
- April 19 - 28 - Holland Tulip River Cruise
- April 6 - Columbus
- March 4 - Burton Cotton Gin
- February 24 - Lanier Theological Library
- January 10 - Queensbury Theatre
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2015
- December 7 - Houston Area Christmas Lights Tour
- November 4 - Houston Heights Tour
- October 30 - Houston Quilt Festival
- October 3-11 - North Carolina
- September 15 - Journey Back in Time Mystery Trip - Hemi Hideout
- August 26 - Shiner
- July 10 - Skeeters Baseball Game
- June 6 - Liberty Opry
- May 6 - Houston Historical Tour
- April 14 - Dallas
- April 10 - Brookwood
- March 6 - Wendish Museum
- February 6 - Gaither Vocal Band
- January 13 - Steamboat House Restaurant
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2014
- December 10 - Moody Gardens
- November 10 -14 - Branson
- October 31 - Houston Quilt Festival
- September 26 - Holocaust Museum
- August 22 - Skeeters Ball Game
- July 13 - A. D. Players
- June 14-22 - Mt. Rushmore
- May 7 - Federal Reserve Bank
- April 9 - Schulenburg Painted Churches
- March 7 - Water Works Education Center
- Februrary 1 - Liberty Opry
- January 14 - Houston Police Training Facility
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2013
- December 10 - Santa's Wonderland
- November 1 - Houston Quilt Festival
- October 4 - George Ranch
- September 21 - Galveston Railroad Museum and Ocean Star Museum
- August 28 - September 7 - Alaskan Cruise
- August 9 - Humble Opry
- July 26 - 1940 Air Terminal Museum and Art Car Museum
- May 10 - Astros Game
- April 26 - La Grange
- April 8-12 - San Antonio / Fredericksburg
- March 16 - Mercer Arboretum
- February 24 - A.D. Players
- Janyary 5 - Liberty Opry
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2012
- November 2 - Houston Quilt Show
- October 26 - Houston Pollice Department Mounted Patrol
- September 28 - Hogg Plantation, West Columbia Historical Museum, Rosenwald School
- August 12 - A.D. Players
- July 7 - Astros Game
- June 22 - Texas City
- May 4- Brookwood
- April 17 - 26 - Grand Canyon
- March 13 - Carl Hurley at The Grand in Galveston
- January 27 - King Tut at the Museum of Fine Arts
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2011
- December 30 - JANUARY 3 - California New Year's Getaway (Tournament of Roses Parade)
- December 7 - Santa's Wonderland
- November 12 - Liberty Opry
- October 15 - San Jancinto Monument
- October 3-8 - Branson
- September 17 - Mystery Trip: Mystery solved! Our trip was to the Museum of Funeral History
- Augutst 26 - Museum of Natural Science
- July 22 - Museun of Printing History and Houston TranStar
- May 14 - Astros Game
- April 1 - Shangri La Botanical Gardens & Nature Center
- March 19 - Asian Heritage Tour
- February 27 - MARCH 6, 2011 Western Caribbean Cruise
- February 9 - Shiner
- January 28 - Dunham Bible Museum
WHERE WE HAVE BEEN IN 2010
- January 29 - Bush Presidential Library
- February 12 - Brookwood Community
- March 26 - Washington on the Brazos
- April 12 -16 - New Orleans
- April 30 - Bayou Bend, Ima Hogg Mansion
- May 21 - Visit to Wharton
- June 19 - Port of Houston
- July 31 - Liberty Opry
- August 14 - Guided Tour of Galveston Island
- September 18 - Huntsville
- October 2 - AD Players, "Driving Miss Daisy"
- October 11 - 18 Memphis/Nashville
- December 4 - Houston Tidelanders